Secured improved mail service for town. Organized two Boy Scout Troops. Helped secure mail deposit boxes throughout the town. Made arrangements to have all school children given physical examinations at town clinic. Helped movement to secure new City Hall. Supervised distribution of flour and cloth to needy. Aided city officials in securing $10,000 loan for water tank. Sponsored vocational building at high school.
1938 - 1948
Sponsored change to dial telephone system. Donated 30 chairs to vocational building. Sponsored safety program in conjunction with highway department. Sponsored swimming classes. Provided eye exams for elementary school children. Sponsored war bond drive for army fighter plane known as "The Spirit of Honea Path". Sponsored fourth war bond drive. Sent cigarettes to service men overseas. Sponsored sixth war bond auction. Conducted united clothing collection. Sponsored seventh war bond drive. Raised over $3,000 to put lights at high school football field. Secured improved street lighting for town. Provided plaque for deceased Superintendent L. L. Wright at high school.
1949 - 1957
Sponsored erection of Christmas Lights on Main Street in town. Provides lunches for 6 under privileged children from February until end of school year. Furnished eye, ear, nose and throat specialist for school clinic. Donated $75.00 to Library. Donated 24 chairs to American Legion Building. Conducted eye survey in all schools. Purchased 18 trash receptacles for town. Donated $50.00 to Library for gutters. Assisted Jaycees in fund raising to improve lights at football field. Helped raise funds to light Hammett Field.
1958 - 1967
Donated water cooler to Watkins School. Donated $150.00 to Library for repairs to building. Bought light fixtures for Jenny Erwin Library. Started movement in 1962 for new Post Office building by sending letters to Senator Olin Johnston and Congressman Bryan Dorn. Donated $100.00 to American Legion. Donated $100.00 to Dogwood Garden Club for tables and benches for local park. Conducted survey concerning direct dial telephone to Anderson, Due West, Donalds and Belton.
1968 - 1979
Sponsored dedication to new Post Office building on July 20, 1969 and paid all expenses for dedication. Paid postage on parcels going to Widows Village in Vietnam where parcels were distributed to orphans.
1980 - 2003
Club sponsored Quest Program in local schools - This was a program taught to 5th grade students on "How to avoid drugs". Club donated $850.00 and collected more than $1,700.00 to teach this program. 5th grade teachers were sent to Atlanta to learn the program. The Honea Path Presbyterian and Trinity United Methodist Churches joined with the club to sponsor this program. Purchased and erected highway signs on all roads leading into town. Collected more than 2,000 pair of eye glasses to be repaired in optical schools and sent to India and Brazil. Purchased more than 700 pair of glasses for under privileged children and adults. Donated $500.00 to Jenny Erwin Library. Donated $200.00 to Boy Scout Building Fun.